1. Thank you to everyone who left me questions in my first NaBloPoMo post. I will likely start tackling those over the weekend. If you didn’t ask a question yet — fret not! THERE IS STILL TIME.
2. As far as the illness goes, we’re almost functioning at 100% this morning. I’m having a bit of soreness in my left ear canal when I swallow, which is the last symptom of every cold I have ever had. It’s annoying, but at least I no longer speak with the rasp of Dorothy Zbornak.
3. The Halloween candy has been all but eradicated. It was touch and go there for a while, but we reigned supreme. (Also reigning supreme – risk factors for Type 2 diabetes. BONUS.)
4. You guys overwhelmed me with your comments on the regrets post. The support, the confessions, the inspiration — it was completely unexpected. I nearly didn’t hit publish on it, filing it under EMO and melodramatic and whatever other choice words my self-doubt serves up, but in the spirit of NaBloPoMo (and not wanting to come up with something else to write that day) I just did it.
And then THIS happened.
Followed by —
If that’s the only awesome thing my blog manages to accomplish, I am MORE than OK with that.
5. After reading my post, an old friend of mine wrote one of her own. She confessed a big regret she’s been carrying around for several years. She opened herself up in a way I’m not sure I’ve seen her do for a very long time. I’m awed by her honesty and her willingness to take ownership of her actions. I said as much in her comments, but I wanted to reiterate here, publicly, how proud of her I am for doing that.
6. Matt and I woke up this morning to a CORNUCOPIA of family drama. Email wedding invitations! Uncles evicted! CAN OPEN — WORMS EVERYWHERE. Not much more to report on that, but I will say that one of the two things I mentioned involves the word “shotgun”. DRAAAMAAAA.
7. This post, easily the shortest I’ve written all week, has taken me about three times as long to write as any of the others. My wordmaking abilities have run dry. I predict by the middle of next week, I’ll just be head-desking the posts.