This week’s Girl Talk Thursday is a bit of a head-scratcher for me. It’s hard to think about what turns me on when my day-to-day life is chock full of diaper-changing and nose-picking-wiping. Toss in a co-sleeping scenario that involves a 7-month-old who currently won’t sleep unless she is nestled into my bosom (and a helping of breastfeeding vagina) and, yeah. I don’t get many opportunities to be turned on these days, is what I’m saying here.
(Also not helping: Writing this while nursing down said 7-month-old while on a DISNEY FAMILY VACATION.)
Where I’m really having a hard time with this is finding the middle ground between my more vanilla turn-ons (Freshly Showered Boys) that just aren’t all that interesting to read about, and super personal turn-ons (SHARK ATTACK SHOWS) that I can’t bear to share with the whole wide world. But that’s really hard to do, so I’m going to list some things on a scale from Meh to Whoa. In order, of course, because I’m a librarian, and that’s just how we do things.
- Cologne. Simple and not at all surprising, but oh my good golly.
- Watching men fix things. Rawr.
- Watching men think. Am I alone in this one? It’s my love of all things Nerd, I think. Watching a guy solve a complex math problem is super hot.
- A good-fitting pair of jeans. And it probably doesn’t matter if they’re on him or me. If I feel like I’m looking good, I’m more apt to be turned on.
- Compliments. This ties in to the last one. If he tells me I look hot, I’ll feel hot. This definitely helps when I feel decidedly UN-hot. (Uh, pretty much all the time lately, to be honest.)
- John Krasinski. Dude.
- Having to hide it. One thing that has always turned me on (and, I suspect, will continue to do so until the day I die) is knowing I have to be sneaky. Convenient, as Sneaky Sex is really the only kind a mom of two very small children ever gets to have. Some of my best memories involve wanting to do such things when (and where) I wasn’t supposed to be doing them. (This is where I politely ask my college friends to refrain from leaving details in the comments. Ahem.)
- Anticipation. This one is pretty loaded. It can be anywhere from the anticipation of simply getting to be together sans accompaniment, to the anticipation of being touched. The more I have to wait for it, the better it gets.
- Shark Attack Shows. Because duh.
So now that I’ve overshared, I’m dying to know what turns you guys on. I’ve surely left out a lot, and I’m always looking for new inspiration.