So. It would appear as though I have a blog? And perhaps I should be writing things from time to time? In the interest of me having no cohesive, thought-provoking topic to share with you today, I will now throw 7 completely unrelated pieces of my week at you.
1. I turned 28! Uh-w00-hoo. So because of the fact that I’m off dairy while breastfeeding the 7-month-old, I made my own cake. I KNOW. (Read: control freak.) It was easily the ugliest cake I have ever made. Since I only had to impress myself, I just slapped the icing on. It ended up looking like a mixed-up circus tent carousel fun house clown hat. Seriously.
2. I’m going to see RENT tonight! Despite years upon years of incessant fan-girling, this will be my first time seeing it. Am dork.
3. Ian sent me a link to The “Blog” of “Unnecessary” Quotation Marks. Then I laughed and laughed and laughed. It is pretty much Cake Wrecks for grammar geeks. Any other apostrophe-comma-colon abuse blogs out there I should be following?
4. Have you guys seen Yes Man? Am I alone in thinking that was a horrible horrible nonsense movie? Even Zooey Deschanel (read: GIRL CRUSH) couldn’t save it. The whole part with the neighbor and the bookshelves and the false teeth? You might have to ask my husband, but I’m fairly certain I YELLED OUT LOUD at the TV. Try as I might, I just could not force any reasonable suspension of the rampant disbelief.
5. We leave for our Orlando trip in less than a week. Should I have started packing by now? I feel like I should have started packing. Or maybe doing laundry? Or making a packing list? (Or just CALMING DOWN in general. Possibly.)
6. Taking a B-Complex vitamin every day is seriously saving my life. I have been on edge and fighting anxiety for the last couple of months. I started back on the B-vitamins this week, and I can’t even tell you what a difference it has made. If you’re really prone to stress (or get bad PMS) I can’t recommend it enough. I’m not Disney princess prancing around or anything, but I’m also not biting people anymore.
7. For each of my pregnancies, I got a comemorative freckle on my left hand. V loves to point at them and say, “This one is mine! And that one is baby sister’s!” Did any of you mamas get new freckles or moles when you were pregnant?